Sunday, May 20, 2007

Houston Smoke

Took the wife to Houston for a friend's wedding this weekend. We stayed at The St. Regis, not far from the Galleria shopping area.

Perhaps you can't afford the $275 per night romance package (which includes breakfast, room, wine, flowers in room), but if you have time to kill in Houston, you must stop by for a smoke at the Remmington Bar.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven--a hotel bar where you can actually smoke without risking arrest?

Yes, and more. The dark wood panneling was gorgeous, and the furniture was arranged for easy conversation. Imagine the blast of having 10 of your best friends sitting around smoking stogies and sipping some fine port? The bar even had a humidor built into the far entrance.

I didn't have 10 friends--only one, my wife. She, a non-cigar smoker, thought the bar nothing special.

I didn't want to leave. But I'll be back with some cigar buds one of these days, though not for the romance package. We're simply gonna blow some thick blue smoke.

No comments: